Monday, 10 January 2011

Lower Shipping Fees For International Customers!

YUPEE!

Today I went to ship my first international order for the year and found out that the German Mail has changed its fees again. What is more, unlike the last time, this time the changes are good for me and my customers :-)))

Until December 31, 2010 there were different fees for EU and non-EU countries. Since January 1, 2011 all international mailings have same fees.

Shipping a typical wire-worked angel pendant to the US used to cost 6 Euro for standard, non-tracked service (one of the main reasons I closed my Etsy store). The new fee for all international destinations is 3.45 Euro, just 0.05 more than the previous EU fee.

Some of my items are slightly thinner and fit in the lower priced category. It used to be 1.25 for EU and 2.20 for all other international destinations. The new fee is 1.45 Euro for all.

I'm really HAPPY about it. It has always been my wish to offer reasonable shipping fees for my clients. My total post and package fee contains of the standard German Mail fee + 0.20 Euro for the bubble envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment